dog running in park
dog running in park

The Flea-Killing Power of Delicious Protection

Indoors and outdoors, fleas can be on the lookout for your dog. NexGard® (afoxolaner) prevents infestations by killing fleas all month long, before adults have the chance to lay eggs. It’s the delicious monthly dose with the taste dogs love.1 

Two Paragraph
Woman with her dog

Fleas Are a Pain, Protection Should be Easy

Fleas are parasites. They feed on your dog’s blood in order to reproduce. Once they have attached to a host, adult female fleas begin laying eggs. These eggs will fall off and scatter around the infested dog’s environment. The eggs eventually hatch into wormy larvae, which then grow into more fleas. In additon, a flea infestation can cause your dog itchy, painful skin conditions. 

Two Paragraph
map

Connect With Your Vet

NexGard is #1 vet-recommended for a reason.2 Once you have a prescription from your vet, you can purchase it from them in clinic or through their online store. Use our search tool below to start the NexGard conversation.

Make Monthly Flea and Tick Protection Delicious

Get NexGard From Your Vet

Ask your vet about NexGard—it’s the flea and tick protection vets recommend most.3

Give Your Dog NexGard

NexGard is a bite-sized dose of beef-flavored deliciousness, and dogs love the taste.1

Enjoy Protection

Each dose of NexGard lasts for a full 30 days of adventure, and you’ll love protecting your pet every month.

It Only Takes a Few Fleas to Cause an Infestation

Flea families grow fast. A single female flea can lay up to 50 eggs per day, and it doesn’t take long for a few fleas to become a full-blown infestation.3 NexGard kills adult fleas before they get the chance to lay eggs, preventing an infestation.

combing dog's fur
combing dog's fur

The Fleas on Your dog are a fraction of the total population

Adult fleas—the ones that live on an infested dog—make up only about 5% of the total population.3 Flea eggs, larvae, and pupae make up the other 95%, and they live in an infested dog’s environment. NexGard is systemic protection for your dog, protecting them from tip to tail and killing adult fleas before they can lay eggs and cause an infestation. 

flea
flea

Fleas can be found almost anywhere

Fleas are resilient. Outdoors, they prefer areas that are moist, shaded, and sheltered, such as shrubs, decks, and fence lines. Indoors, they can be found in carpets, dog beds, furniture, and even the cracks of your wood floors. A monthly dose of NexGard will protect your dog no matter where the two of you go together.

flea everywhere
flea everywhere

But it’s not just fleas. NexGard also protects against ticks.

Heartworm disease is a year-round threat. Pair up NexGard with a heartworm disease preventive.